Apple Picking

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Man Cooking Group?





These pictures were taken at the wonderful Easter meal that Jake cooked for us. Jake loves to cook and he is very good at it as you can see. I was a little bit intimidated to cook for such an experienced chef when we first got married. Somehow, I had made it all the way through our dating having never really cooked for Jake. Being busy as a junior high teacher with a 45 minute commute, a packed social schedule and the entire last year of our dating as long distance are a few excuses I give. He was so brave to marry me before knowing if I could cook:)

Now that we are married, I have seemed to manage alright. I have picked up some skills from a cooking group I go to. This last Tuesday I wasn't able to make it to cooking group because I was very exhausted and having a stress moment. Jake, seeing that I was very tired offered to take Madison and run some errands for me so I could catch up on some sleep. This included a stop-off at the cooking group where I was supposed to pick up a dutch-oven I was borrowing for Young Women's. It was so thoughtful! I found out later that it was also his devious little plan to get in on the Relief Society's cooking group:) It turns out that he stayed for the entire event! Thanks to everyone who shared their yummy recipes with Jake and let him partake of all the free food samplings. Jake never turns down yummy free food. I am sure there would be a few other husbands out there that would love to start a cooking group! The first event could be sharing tips on grilling their favorite meats! I think it would be very fun to watch!

Thanks Jake for letting me get some much needed rest and I am glad you had a good time at cooking group:)

4 comments:

Renae said...

A cooking group for men, I love it. I think Eric would go, if he's got the time. Then I'd want to go with him and try out their food too. :)

Julie Sacks said...

That was a really good meal Jake cooked for us! And we enjoyed having him at cooking group, he added some diversity to all those women :)

Kent and Leisy said...

kent is a fabulous cook- he's in! we loved having jake, but would rather have you! hopefully you can start getting more sleep soon- darn babies, huh?

Katie and Steve said...

I say we just open the group to include husbands. We'll still have walking group, book club, talent night, and enrichment to ourselves. I actually feel a little selfish when I'm off to have fun once a week, and Steve sits home all alone. I guess someone has to stay with the sleeping babies, though. I really wish that he had a social outlet once or twice a month, then I wouldn't feel so dang guilty all the time. I guess I could stop going to things, but what fun would that be?

Emerie Belle Snow

Madison's One Year Old Pictures

places we've been