Apple Picking

Saturday, September 6, 2008

One for mobility, two for captivity.

After nine exciting weeks on the road Jenny, Madison and I have finally returned to our home in Toledo. All in all we drove 3500 miles, spent 4.6 million on gas and discovered that the finest Quizno's in all the world is in Beloit, Wisconsin of all places.
For the first month I was doing a Pediatrics internship at Primary Children's Med. Center in Salt Lake City. It was a great place for a rotation and I had a great time. We stayed with family and had many good times. Next up we drove to Milwaukee where I did an otolaryngology (ENT) internship at Medical College of Wisconsin. I loved it! So all the months of deliberation on what to do with my life came to resolution in Milwaukee and ENT is it. I have submitted my applications and now we watch and wait for interview offers.
During all this travel Madison had many firsts which Jenny has documented for you. I will add just one that she picked up during our last week in Milwaukee. Crawling! There was no army crawl or scooter stage for Madison. She went straight from tummy time to perfect technique, all fours crawling. She has not looked back since. As excited as we are for her it did not take long to realize that her mobility would lead to our captivity. Within two minutes of arriving home from our long journey she had crawled to the fan and tried to put her fingers in it, crawled to the power cord and tried to bite it and crawled to the radiator to suck on it. A whole new world of freedom for her... perhaps more captivity for us. We wouldn't trade it for the world!

3 comments:

The Morgans said...

You're in trouble now. Nothing is safe. Go Madison Go!!!

Staci said...

Yeah! She's did it. I'm so happy she got the move down. I can't believe Jake has already finished another rotation. Time is just a flyin!

Anonymous said...

Yay Madison! She's getting to be such a big girl!

Emerie Belle Snow

Madison's One Year Old Pictures

places we've been