Apple Picking

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fun Little Dresses!

These last two weeks I made two little dresses for Madison and one for our new little girl on the way. I am trying to complete as many projects as I can before my free time disappears for a little while with a new baby and getting ready to move to Columbus. The pattern I used for the dress is a fun one that my friend Emilee showed us before she left Toledo. She is a sewing inspiration! Hopefully I can continue to expand my sewing skills and try some new patterns one of these days. I am afraid of anything with zippers and buttons so this pattern is my comfort zone. One of the fun things is that the blue dress was made out of a pillow case and and red dress was free material being given away. It's so much fun to be creative and make new things.

6 comments:

claireb said...

Sometimes I don't think it's fair that you're so cute and creative like that! But you are definitely an inspiration.

Cynthia said...

i love all the dresses you make with that pattern Emilee gave us. You have such a good eye for patterns and then you add cute ribbons to them. (I guess I am not surprised- you are an artist).

Diane said...

Those are so cute! Way to be domestic Jenny! I'm impressed with your resourcefulness too. I wish my girls would go for things like that. Do you think a pillow case could be made into a decent dress for a 9 and 11 year old?

Renae said...

Great job, Martha! The dresses and Madison are way cute.

The Payson Olsen's said...

OH MY GOODNESS JENNY, YOU ARE SO AMAIZING... I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THOSE DRESSES, I WISH I COULD BE LIKE YOU..... YOUR LITTLE GIRL SI SO DARLING, CONGRATS ON YOUR SOON TO BE NEW BABY GIRL. HAVING 2 GIRLS ARE SO MUCH FUN....... I LOVE HAVING MY 2 GIRLS TOGETHER... WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK, OH BY THE WAY DO YOU REMEMBER ME FROM HIGHSCHOOL....... MY MAIDEN NAME IS JENSEN, ITS SHAY JENSEN OLSEN NOW!!!! TAKE CARE!

Julie Sacks said...

Dang those dresses are cute! Great job Jenny, I wish I had a little girl to dress up.

Emerie Belle Snow

Madison's One Year Old Pictures

places we've been