Well, the suspense is over, no more trying to divine the purposes of the magical NRMP Match computer. We now know that we have matched into on of the top pediatrics training programs in the country, Nationwide Children's Hospital, in Columbus, Ohio! It is an exciting opportunity to train at such a renowned place. US News ranks the program #15 in the nation, Child and Parent magazines rank it #4 and #6, respectively. For the next three years I will be learning from the best! Four years of medical school in Toledo followed by an additional three years of residency in Columbus leads to Seven Years in Ohio. Who'd of ever thought!
Jen and I were actually quite surprised with the match. We had ranked Primary Children's in Utah as our first choice and we thought that we had a really good chance at getting the job. Oh well!
For those unfamiliar, Columbus is the Capitol of our great state of Ohio. It is home to the Ohio State Buckeyes, the NHL's Bluejackets and MLS Crew. It is about 3 hours south from Toledo so moving won't be too difficult for us. Thanks to the dismal economy housing prices are very reasonable in Columbus. We may look to buy a house if the situation looks good. Columbus has a great airport, so we hope that many of you will come out for a visit. If you come during football season we'll join 106,000 other fans and watch OSU play in the Horseshoe!





4 comments:
There couldn't be a better graphic to illustrate this post.
Good luck in Columbus--I'm so happy you guys are going to be in driving distance!
Congratulations!!
I love it! I hope you like it too! It's a really great place once you get out of 'the city'...
Congratulations on getting into such a great program! I hear Columbus is a great city. Good luck with the move!
Congrats on the Match results...believe it or not, I was actually thinking about all you 4th years on the 19th despite dealing with a newborn. What an awesome program to be a part of. You will be fantastic in Peds, Jake.
Post a Comment