Jake writing here.
April 15 has always been a special day for me. In my parent's household this beloved of all days was a time to gather the kids together as close to midnight as was possible and drive as fast as possible to the Airport Post Office, the only office that stayed open 24 hours. Dad would then rush inside and make sure his hand-prepared, hand-calculated tax forms were stamped and post-marked before the impending IRS deadline. Afterward we would sometimes go out to get a doughnut or some other treat to celebrate another year of beating the IRS clock.
As I have grown up and formed a family of my own, this tradition is one that I have not chosen to adopt. In fact, Jenny and I are proud to say that we use TurboTax to file our returns in February using newfangled e-file. With the loss of this tradition, April 15 of the last few years has become a hum-drum day just like the 14th or 16th. Not any longer however!
Jenny and I are proud to announce the birth of our new baby girl,
born yesterday April 15 at 10:32 pm! She is 9 lb, 1 oz and 21.5 inches! Jenny did very well with the labor, and the delivery itself was pretty quick. We did get some help from our friend Pitocin to augment things a bit, but Jen was awesome, she really did everything herself. Mom and baby-girl are doing very well right now and Madison and I are hangin' out for the next few days. We have family members coming to stay with us in a week or so.
Not long after Jen delivered, I sat holding our new little angel and contemplating names.
With the memory of the April 15ths of yesteryear fresh in my mind I looked down at our little girl and thought of a new name to consider... Iris! What other name could remind me of the tax-time memories of my past each time I consider the joy of my future! I'm not quite sure why Jenny didn't like the idea. How rich.
What do you all think?
We are overjoyed and excited with the growth of our family. Madison and I were with Jen and baby this morning and they are all very cute together. I am home now while Madison takes a good, long nap. Mom is at the hospital with baby recovering, otherwise I would never get away with a post like this! We are very grateful for the blessing of our own little family.
We want to give special thanks/props to the Lau Family who watched Madison all day and overnight. We couldn't have done this without your help!




22 comments:
congrats on the addition! I'm glad that everything went so well, jenny! I love the look on madison's face in the bottom picture. It looks like she's pretty pleased about the new baby :)
Congrats on both filing early taxes and adding another cute babe to the fam.
I vote for Emery, which is the name of the county from which I hail.
Congratulations! Another beautiful girl! We're so happy for you all and that everything went so well!
Congratulations, you guys!! Welcome to the world of two!
I'm glad everything went well!
Congratulations! What an exciting time. :) What a cute little family you have Jenny.
And my vote is for Gracie - but they are all cute names.
Wow! Congrats you family of 4! You got some great pics of Madison meeting her baby sister. We can't wait to hear what you name her! Hope Jenny is recovering well!!
Congratulations!! She's beautiful, and Jenny you look amazing! We can't wait to meet her!
I have been waiting all day to see pics! She is so very cute. I am so glad to hear that everything went well. Congrats a million times over!!!
Yay! Congratulations. The pictures are great... what a beautiful family! I personally thing Iris is an excellent name for a tax day baby. Cracked me up.
Congratulations on the baby. I think Iris is a very clever name! I'm glad that Jenny and baby are doing well.
I'm so happy for you guys! I'll call once your family leaves and come on down to see her and bring some food :).
congrats she's so cute!! Glad everything went well!
Congrats!!! We are so happy for you guys!! I wish we lived closer to see the cute new addition. Hope to see you guys soon!!
Love ya!
I'm glad everything went well with the birth. She is just as cute as Madison, and Jenny looks great!
My vote is for Iris, but Emery comes in a close second. :)
Congrats! She is a little beauty. Snow baby girl #2 has very similar birth stats to our baby boy, born March 15th. She could have waited a little bit longer to be born on the next day, but I think she wanted tax day to be a special day for now on.
Umm, is it really possible to look like that after delivering a baby? Where's the swelling and the sweat and the no make-up pictures? Man, I'm envious. :) Hope things are still going well.
So cute! Congratulations on your marvelous little tax refund.
How exciting...congrats you guys! And madison is as cute as ever! Jenny, you take care!
Krista
What a cute little one! The last pictures is so fun! Congrads on the baby! I wish we were as eager about taxes as you. We filed an extention!
Welcome to the world Snow baby! I love all the great pics of Madison meeting her little sister. I hope you are all feeling well - let us know if you could use a playdate for the new big sis. Congratulations!
Congratulations!! She is beautiful!!
A clever post, Jake. Congratulations to all of you.
Post a Comment