Apple Picking

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Pumpkin Patch Fun!



Last week we went to a nearby pumpkin patch. The only night I would be able to take the girls Jake was on call. Luckily I had some friends there to help out. Madison loved running around at the farm, looking at the animals and exploring their kids size hay maze. Those tunnels looked a little scary but she was brave enough to run through them after seeing her friend Conner run by. She was dressed for the farm in her Sleeping Beauty skirt and Cinderella pink sparkle shoes. Some days I just don't want to deal with a screaming fit over what she wears so I let her out in public in the outfit of her choice. It will be much harder to explain now that Halloween is over:) It was quite the challenge just to get pants on under the skirt. I used to wonder sometimes why moms let their kids out in silly outfit combinations. Now I completely understand. Madison feels "so pretty" in her outfits and that's all that matters (unless it's family picture day).
Anyhow, back to the pumpkin patch. I was so excited to take the girls to the pumpkin patch and have those cute little pictures that every blogs about with the girls sitting with all the pumpkins. However we ended up getting on the hayride that takes you to the field of pumpkins as the sun was going down. The tractor we were waiting in line for to pick us up was extremely slow. We ended up having quite the adventurous hayride with the moon and the stars. When we arrived at the pumpkin patch the driver told us all to hop off. There were a bunch of people waiting to be picked up who had apparently been waiting a long time. I guess they pick you up at the farm, drop you off in the patch, and then let you pick your pumpkins while they drop off and pick up the other load of people. There weren't any lights other than the headlights on the tractor. Since I had both girls and the double stroller loaded up on the hayride I had my friend pick out a pumpkin for Madison and we just stayed on the tractor until it reached the parking lot. It was dark, late, and cold. Madison didn't seem to mind one bit and when the ride was over she said she wanted to go again. I made friends with the new load of people who hopped on the ride and they helped me off the hayride with the stroller and two girls. We had a great time! Next year we'll get those cute pumpkin patch pictures and make time for some pumpkin carving. It's been a busy month!


No comments:

Emerie Belle Snow

Madison's One Year Old Pictures

places we've been