Apple Picking

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Why is the sky blue?


A few weeks ago I was able to go out with a friend and take some fun pictures of the girls. Despite needing to learn my camera better I was still able to capture some cute shots. As I say in almost every post, the girls are just growing up so fast!
Madison loves to ask questions. The other day she asked the classic kid question, "Why is the sky blue?" I told her about how blue is a beautiful calm color and how Heavenly Father wanted they sky blue so we could feel peace when we looked at it. Jake told me that he would have talked about the atmosphere, nitrogen... and given a very scientific answer. Madison I am sure would have made up her own answer if she didn't like either one. When she was little she would ask what color something was but would already be determined to call it pink, even if I said blue. Madison absolutely loves to drink Ovaltine and she has decided that if milk comes from cows Ovaltine comes from horses. She says that mommy horses feed their baby horses Ovaltine. What a funny girl!

Emerie is Madison's little shadow these days and she is our little climber. I have walked into the kitchen to find her on top of the table, yikes! We don't want to pay any visits to the ER even though we might get a chance to see daddy:) This morning she saw Madison pull a chair over to help me make pancakes. She then grabbed another chair and pulled it over to the counter so she could climb up too. She is much too little to be trusted standing on anything. Chair scooting opens a whole new world of mischief. Let's hope she forgets the possibilities and new freedoms opened up to her by tomorrow! Whenever she climbs up on something or is proud of something she has done she yells,"I did it!" It's very cute! And... when you catch her in something she shouldn't be doing she gives a sly smile and says, "Hi!" as if to change the subject and distract us from what she is doing.
Both girls have loved being home with Jake again and not a day goes by that they don't run and climb on him yelling ,"Daddy, daddy, daddy, horsey ride!" When Jake is gone Emerie will often yell, "Daddy, where are you?" or "Where daddy go?" It's very cute! When I say I love my girlies! Madison reminds me that they're, "Daddy's girlies, not mommies!" Yep Jake has tagged that phrase for sure. We love our sweet little girls!


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Cynthia said...

What precious pictures Jenny!

Renae said...

Beautiful girls!! How can you stand it? I loved your answer to why is the sky blue. :)

dockters said...

Your girls are darling! I love their white dresses and their curly hair. You got some great pictures!

Lyndsay said...

Love the pics! You have adorable little girls.

The Estes Family said...

They are so pretty, and getting so big!!!

Dusty. said...

i love the pics!!

Kerri said...

Oh my gosh! They are so grown up! They are beautiful :)

candice said...

cute pictures i am impressed! the cornhole boards look good too! hope you are enjoying resting!

Emerie Belle Snow

Madison's One Year Old Pictures

places we've been