Apple Picking

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Color This!


Back when I was an illustration major at BYU I did a series of paintings with kids caught in mischievious acts. My cousins little girl posed for this painting and now she is all grown up. It's so funny now to be the mom of this cliche situation:) This illustration fits Emeire perfectly! The cat in the picture used to be my stuffed kitty and now Emerie sleeps with it every night. She even has the sad eyebrow look perfected! Here are two of Emerie's latest drawings on the floor and our door. There are others on the floor, yesterday I washed the couch, our washing machine has some nice art on it and who knows what will be next?

You may be wondering why I keep trusting her with crayons. Well, she just loves to color and often will walk around the house yelling, "Color this! Color this!" If she sees a pen, pencil, or crayon she won't stop saying color, color, color until she has her way. Lately she has been saying," I need markers mom." Those definitely get full supervision! However, often when she has a pencil or a crayon, I get distracted for a moment, or go in the other room only to come back with a new drawing on the wall or floor. She is quick and she doesn't get into mischief every time. I often think she has learned that we can only "color this" on paper. She is very good at going to time out and will run in her room, come out and say, "I will be nice mom!" as she runs and gives me a big hug. So so cute! Thank goodness most everything is washable. Santa is bringing this little artist an Aqua Doodle for Christmas.

One of the other illustrations I did was of a little girl cutting her hair. I haven't come across that situation yet... knock on wood!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Wow...That is a great painting and so accurate to real life as you have experienced!! I really hope you never experience the hair cutting one.
I think Emerie is just an artist in training with her crayons;)

Emerie Belle Snow

Madison's One Year Old Pictures

places we've been