Apple Picking

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Oakcrest Reunion!

I have a lot of catching up to do for the month of July so many of my entries will be scattered. Jake and I missed both of our 10 year reunion parties while in Utah (one was in June and one in August). I did however get the chance to drag Jake up to a girls camp I worked at for a summer called Oakcrest Girls camp. My sister worked at the camp the year before so at least both of our husbands were able to stay close amidst the squealing and singing that went on among all the ladies:) They were having their 5oth reunion and counselors for the past 50 years camp up to reunite and celebrate. It is a camp run by the LDS church near Kamas Utah. I worked with about 50 camp counselors and our job was to watch over 10-15 girls ages 12-14 for a week. The girls came from stakes all over the Utah valley and we did all sorts of activities with the girls. Here are some of the fun memories: cookouts, archery, bum sliding down a river, going down the zipline(as seen in the last picture), mud slides, carrying dutch ovens up a hill, overnighters on sleeping bags and tarps, building latrines, food/water fights, ash fights, pranks, cooking pancakes over a fire, singing, lots of singing, devotionals, skits, testimonies by the campfire, ash cakes, bears, no sleep, pranks, building fires in the rain, and having lots of fun!!! It was one of the hardest jobs I have ever worked because you put all your heart and soul in to everything you do (and of course you don't sleep because you are working with teenage girls who are up all night:) but it was one of the most rewarding. It has been wonderful to hear the experiences of girls who lives have been blessed and hearts changed by one week at a girls camp. What a fun job! Thanks Jake for coming up to experince part of my past:)


1 comment:

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I wish I could have been there! You forgot to mention bugs and duct taping rooms off to bugs!!!

Emerie Belle Snow

Madison's One Year Old Pictures

places we've been