Apple Picking

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween!

What cute girls and what a fun Halloween! We wondered if it was ever going to happen. Each and every time I asked Madison what she wanted to be she said "Snow White". Unfortunately, she refused to put on any of the Snow White outfits we got for her. She had a Snow White skirt that was acceptable to her highness, but she would never let me put on the top that went with it.
Plan B: I bought a beautiful, Wal-Mart original, Snow White dress. Would she wear it? Not a chance! She screamed and cried with every invitation to try it on. Begging, pleading, bribes... none of it worked.
So how did we end up with this cute costume? I took one of her blue shirts and found a bunch of Snow White adornments to sew on (thanks mom for the great idea). Jake's parents were in town and his mom sewed them all on for me (thanks Mana for sewing so much). I think it turned out great! She loved it and wore it for two days straight.
Emerie
wore her witch shirt in the first picture and ended up being a fish for trick or treating. We had a few different options for costumes and Jake ended up throwing the fish on with his fisherman hat. What a cute catch! Originally I thought it would be fun to have Madison be Snow White, Jake could be the handsome prince, Emmie a dwarf, and I was going to be the witch. We ended up with Snow White, a fish, Caesar (or the Ghost of Christmas Past), and Cleopatra. Jake and I went to a Halloween party without the girls as this cute couple.
Madison loved trick-or-treating and didn't want it to end. She wore her wings with her Snow White costume so we had a fairy Snow White. Out here in Ohio the city chooses a day and a time for trick or treating. Our city chose the Thursday before Halloween from 6-8. Everyone sits out in their drive way and passes out candy. It's great, no door knocking! People set up fire pits, cute displays and have a great time out with their neighbors while they pass out candy. Such a great way of doing things! Madison even climbed up in some of their lawn chairs and made herself at home. We had a great time and it was so fun to have Jake's parents in town to help us with all the Halloween fun.











3 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Snow White is the perfect costume for Miss Madison. Love the Halloween pics!

dockters said...

Your costumes look great...all of them! Looks like fun times down in Columbus!

Annie said...

Hey! I just found your blog off of Lacey's (who I just barely discovered). Your blog is adorable and you take great pictures too! Your girls are absolutely adorable. I can't believe you made that shirt into Snow White. Talk about clever! Oh, and in case you were wondering this is Annie Palmer.

Emerie Belle Snow

Madison's One Year Old Pictures

places we've been