You know you've been a little stressed out... when you wake up in the morning and find the ice cream in the refrigerator. Jake noticed my mistake and wrote a funny note on it that said, "Jenny, it looks like you showed that ice cream who's boss after it tempted you last night!" That's right, stressed enough the night before to dive into the ice cream:) Don't worry, I'm ok. It must be all the potty training we've been doing with Madison and I think that day I was worried about a potential flood in the basement.
As for the potty training Madison's doing alright?! She has had a few accidents but I could have avoided them. Accidents seem to happen when I know she should be taking another trip to the potty, she says she doesn't have to go, then I get distracted until I hear the sound of pee splashing on the floor (thank goodness for wood floors)!
Madison is a smart little girl and, at first, would somehow go pee three times in 10 minutes to maximize the treats she would get. Luckily that phase is over:) She is however a little too helpful when it comes to emptying the potty. As soon as she goes she stands up, throws off the blue cushion seat and picks up the white bowl part with the pee in it. With excitement, she shows it to me and the Disney Princess's (her sticker chart on the wall) then try's to dump it in the toilet. In the meantime I hurry to steady the white container before pee ends up on the wall or the floor, and grab the blue toilet seat from Emerie as she is chewing on it (yuck). Somehow whenever I have to take Emerie with us in the bathroom I sit her on the rug and she ends up with the seat after Madison throws it. Luckily she's not always with me on our rush to the bathroom.
We are still learning how to train:) Madison usually needs to "go potty" several times after she goes to bed, and she yelled three times during church today that she needed to go. It's hard to know when to take her seriously. She knows how to use it as a great way to get out of things she doesn't want to do, even time out:) What a fun time!
As for the flood in the basement. I went to put a box away in our crawl space (a weird half basement thing that I hadn't ever seen till living out here) and I heard what sounded like a little river. I looked under the tarp and saw lots of water running by a big white pipe. After not being able to get a hold of Jake I called a plumber to come out for a free estimate. Luckily nothing was wrong with the plumbing and it seemed that water was running up or down the radon remover pipe (another interesting thing I hadn't seen till living out here). The water is now gone, no flood:) We still need to investigate how the water got there but it never caused any problems other then scaring me.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
You know you've been a little stressed when...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I hate potty training. There really is nothing fun about it. After doing it so many times, I would rather do the diaper thing until they are out of the house and on their own than worry about accidents. Unfortunately, my kids don't agree and usually are ready by age 4. Jacob was a little after that. Sigh... I feel for you. Good luck and hang in there!
I love it! Keep the funny stories coming!
My life exactly right now as far as potty training goes! I hate when she dumps the bucket. I just love the ice cream story Jenny, Jake's note is hilarious.
Post a Comment