Apple Picking

Saturday, May 14, 2011

What a Trip!

A few weeks ago we took a trip! So... this farm, is about a 40 minutes drive from our house but somehow I managed to get there in about 2 hours. How did I extend our scenic drive to the farm with two anxious little girls in the back seat. Well, there are a few contributing factors. #1-A broken GPS (relied on mapquest directions) those don't always go so well for me:), #2-Once we found the right road we were stopped by a very long train which stopped right on the tracks with three cars left to go! The service man didn't know how long they would be blocking the road, 30, maybe 45 minutes, hard to tell! He redirected us to a road with contributing factor #3- A flood, yes, the underpass was flooded. The officer gave us new directions and on our way came #4- We all needed to make a potty stop so we headed to the nearest McDonald's for a bathroom and chocolate milk to keep the troops happy:). #5- Once in the car again those new directions just didn't work out for me. #6- I am sure the train is gone by now, I headed back to by original road hoping the train had moved. The train was gone however there were quite a few more twists and turns before we finally made it!
The girls got to see about 20 minutes of the farm. They saw the sheep get sheered, pet the baby lambs, said hi to a few more animals before heading back to the car when it started to pour rain. Whew I what a trip! We made it home with only one wrong turn and we were saved by my friend Kristen who redirected my awful sense of direction over the phone. The girls were pretty restless on the way home. They were driving each other crazy and letting me know the time in the car needed to be over. Lets hope our next trip to the farm is less driving and more farm:)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The name of that farm eludes me right now, but I think I got us very lost on our way there too once!!!

Emerie Belle Snow

Madison's One Year Old Pictures

places we've been