Sunday, March 9, 2008
I AM SO TRAUMATIZED!!!
I am so so so so grossed out!!! You see this picture! Well... this is Madison's little bib and that gross black thing is a spider's leg. This morning I went to wipe Madison's spit up and I saw this little black thing on Madison's lip. I wiped it off and looked closely to what in the world it was only to be horrified at my discovery. I had just finished feeding her 10 minutes prior to finding this and had no idea where it came from. I had set her down for tummy time while I got ready for our Sunday church meeting and so I looked all around her blanket for the rest of this nasty little creature hoping that the rest of this spider was lying somewhere other than my babies tummy. I couldn't find it and didn't know quite what to think at that point. Anyone who knows me knows that I am terrified of insects, especially spiders. I had even just dusted all around and behind her crib and room the day before which I do several times a week just to make sure there aren't any bugs around. I was running late for our stake conference, Jake was on call at the hospital, and so I tried not to think to much about it while I hurried to finish getting Madison changed and ready for church. I was all ready to go and had her all bundled up in her carrier when I heard the classic diaper explosion. I took her out of her carrier and carried her to the changing table to see if the outfit was spared. However, that was the least of my worries when I looked into the diaper and found the rest of the spider. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! My sweet little baby had swallowed a spider, and it looked like a big one! Not knowing what to do I called poison control and asked them if there was anything I should be concerned about. They explained how the average person will swallow 3 or 4 spiders a year and that as long as she didn't have any bite marks she probably just got a little extra protein in her diet. Gross, she isn't even on solids yet:( I have continued to watch Madison closely today and she seems to be fine. Poor little thing. I felt awful. Babies have a lot of firsts but this isn't one that I ever expected.
If anyone wants to know what a digested spider looks like, I documented it. It's totally disgusting. Lets hope that her next solid food will be rice cereal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
I can not believe that! That is a crazy funny story. Funny now that it is okay but crazy to thing that the little spider was her first solids. So now I'm curious to see what the spider looked like and how you knew it was a spider so you may need to send me the picture.
post the digested spider picture! jenny, that is a pretty cool story. too bad I haven't found anything cool like that in zeb's diapers!
I am amazed that she didn't gag! What a disturbing discovery, but on the other hand, it will be a fun story to tell when she is older! I too would love to see the digested spider picture posted!
That makes me sick just thinking about it! I think I would vomit if I found a spider leg on Macie's lip and the rest of it in her diaper--SICK!! I'm sorry you were alone when you made that discovery, how did Jake react when you told him? I'm sure one day you will laugh about it.
Jenny! That is so funny! I'm sorry! That story cracked me up though!
Ah, poor Jenny. Of course Madison had to eat the spider when Jake was on call and couldn't help you out!
I hate spiders too. They give me the willies. Madison is a lot more braver than I am.
Jenny, I would be sooo traumatized too! I found a spider crawling on my arm one night, and I couldn't even sleep in my room for a few days after that. You are being brave and Madison looks sooo cute. At least she doesn't seem to mind :).
That is so disgusting! I would have flipped out too, yuck!!
Madison looks so darling in her green outfit, I'm happy you have a blog!
That is so awful-- but a great story. It gives me the eeby-jeebies.
Post a Comment