Apple Picking

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Becky!


My cute wonderful older sister had a birthday today! Happy birthday! I won't mention the age because it's a sensitive subject:) But don't worry Beck, I am not too far behind ya. Becky and I are just 17 months apart which has been so much fun. She is seriously one of my very best friends. Growing up we always shared a room and I can think of so many fun memories that we have together as a result. One night, when we were little of course, she dared me to pee on the floor in between our beds. I did of course and then she told on me. Luckily she got in the most trouble since I was the younger sister who was tempted to do wrong;) I did have to sit on the toilet for a little while as my punishment. Most of the time however I was the one thinking of mischievous tricks to play on our younger siblings. Anytime we did have arguments my mom made sure that we made up so we would always be close.
Becky was such a great example to me growing up and I always tried to follow in her footsteps. We had many of the same friends and she always let me tag along with anything fun she was doing. Becky and I were roommates my first year at Ricks college and we worked many of the same summer jobs. The picture on the left is us at Oakcrest LDS girls camp where we both had counselor jobs under the code names of Pepper and Sketch. We both ended up at BYU and then later ended up living close to each other in SLC. It is hard to live so far away but thank goodness for phone and email! She is so smart, creative, and an amazing mom! She still is such a great example to me and I just hope I can be as great of a teacher as she is with her girls and little Tanner. I am so grateful to have such a great older sister. Beck I hope you had a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Becky said...

You're too nice! You seriously made me cry! I would love more than anything to spend my b-day in Ohio with you so we could share another giant carrot cake :) So many fun memories. I wish you would have told the story where you flipped a big wet juicy booger at me in the middle of the night and it landed smack on my forehead. Oh and thanks for the Herriman style b-day song. You have a nice twang. Tell Jake he would make a pretty good westsider. Thanks for making my b-day so special!

Julie Sacks said...

You have been tagged on my blog!

Annie and Justin said...

Jenny,
Just wanted to say HI, your little girl, Madison, is beautiful, I am so glad everything is going so well for you, good luck to Jake with all the interviews, and I hope you don't have to be alone for all of them!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I'd recognize that fence any where. Brings back some fun memories of Harriet Tubman, the opening songs and rules, night programs and more. Love it!!!

Emerie Belle Snow

Madison's One Year Old Pictures

places we've been