Apple Picking

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Very First Tag!

That's right, I've been tagged. This is the first time I have been tagged, how fun. Thanks Julie! Here is the tag:

The Rules:• Link the person(s) who tagged you.• Mention the rules on your blog.• Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.• Tag some fellow bloggers by linking them.• Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged!

1. I apparently leave drawers and cupboards slightly open. I didn't realize this until Jake and I got married and he had to go around closing everything for me:) I now try to remember to close them, especially after he got a few bumps from my open cupboards. I guess I don't like the sound they make when they close so I leave them open.

2. I love to collect frames. I don't usually buy new frames because they can be so expensive. I usually buy old art/pictures from garage sales or second hand stores and I knock out the picture and keep the frame. You can find some amazing frames at these places. I have quite the little collection now and I plan on painting some great paintings to put in them. I just need to make time. I have put a hold on this frame collecting because I need to actually do something with them besides let them pile up:)

3. I must have a glass of water by my bed before I go to sleep at night. I usually drink a lot of water right before I go to bed and I need to have a cup beside me just in case I get thirsty in the middle of the night. And yes, this quirk does result in extra trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

4. I must wear my retainer every night. I even take it with me on camping trips. My retainer has traveled to Egypt, Peru, Jamaica, Mexico and many other places you wouldn't think someone would pack their retainer to. I just worry my teeth will go crooked.

5. I know this is gross, but I love to clean out my ears. I don't like the thought of having wax in them so I used to clean them out with a q-tip once or twice a day, despite the warnings from a roommate, who majored in audiology, that it could damage my ears. Her advice finally sunk in when I lost some of my hearing for around two or three weeks. I finally went in to a doctor who reversed the damage. I guess it is better to use a washcloth. Word is q-tips destroy the ears natural ability to remove wax.

6. I don't like the sound of loud T.V. or commercials. I usually mute the commercials and I don't like the T.V. or movies very loud. Whenever I am watching something that is at all suspenseful or scary I love to turn the volume down really really low to take the edge of the scariness.

I am going to tag my sister Becky and cousins Staci and Esther

2 comments:

Julie Sacks said...

I am so glad to see you answered my tag! It was fun to read. And I have to say, I too am an avid q-tip user, so good to hear about the naturalness of the wax.

Esther said...

Fun post! That makes me laugh about your retainer, but it makes sense because your teeth are perfect! Jimmy and I both wear our retainers at night, but we skip for trips :)

Emerie Belle Snow

Madison's One Year Old Pictures

places we've been