Apple Picking

Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm debating?

Hello everyone! I know I just did a post about going private but now I am wondering if I should or not? Maybe you all can give me some feedback on what you think of private blogs. Here are the thoughts in my head. Some people say private blogs are a pain to view. However, the blogs of my friends that are private are not a pain to click on. Once I log in my computer recognizes my log in and there are not any extra steps when I click on their blog. So... maybe that isn't a problem. Also, I know it's fun to find old friends blogs. I have come into contact with a bunch of old friends through blogs and don't want to block old acquaintances from finding me... When you go private is there a way that people can put in their info. and you can give them access to your blog? I think I have seen links where you can do this I am just not sure how it works? I have a few other questions but that's good for now. Let me know what you think or if you have answers to some of my thoughts? Still leave your email in the below post, who knows what I will decide. Thanks for your input!

6 comments:

Mark and Aupreille said...

It is harder for people to find your blog, in the fact that they can't access your blog until you invite them but if they find you and email them or you find them you can easily add their email address.

I am sure you know that I think it's better to have a blog as private because there are people out there that don't have good intentions and you don't really know if they are looking at your info and what they could be doing with it.

The Morgans said...

I still have that same debate with myself, but I do feel better knowing that the crazies can't look at my precious family. When I went private I made the post and then waited for a couple weeks to make sure all the people who wanted to be invited could let me know. I figure you can use Facebook to find old friends and then invite them.

Kinsey England said...

Hey Jenny, I'm not sure how it all works and all of the pro's and cons, but I went private last spring because a weirdo got on mine and left a creepy post. It really freaked me out and I know that over time we share a lot of personal information that we might not want to get out there to the creeps. I went private to protect my nieces and nephews, I would do the same if I had my own kids. I haven't regreted it once since I went private.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I got a comment from someone I didn't know on my blog and so I installed a livefeed to help me see who is viewing my blog and where they are from. It is free. I can't see exactly who people are, but it does put some of my worries to the side. The one thing I notice is that if I put any pictures of my kids partially dress, then people from around the world hit it (sicko). So I am more cautious in the pictures I post. IF you are interesting in trying the live feed out, go to my blog, scroll down the side and add it for free. You could always try it out.

Diane said...

I am not worried about going private until I get some weird comment or stalker... I hardly get any readers as it is. :) Whatever you decide I am sure it will be fine!

Angie and Andy Anderson said...

It's a compelling quesiton. We support you either way. We have been having the same thoughts about our blog. We don't want to wait for a weirdo to find us before we take action... Good luck!

Emerie Belle Snow

Madison's One Year Old Pictures

places we've been