We had a about a week left in SLC before we headed for Toledo. My sister Becky and her family invited us to go to the Children's Museum with them. Once again, Madison's favorite thing was the water exhibit! She was so sad when we took her away to explore other areas of the museum. I think however that Jake had the most fun of anyone. He spent a lot of time being fascinated by the ball mover and animation station. He looked like one of the kids! My family also threw me an early surprise birthday party before we left complete with my favorite carmel brownies and Gandolfo Sub Sandwiches. Gandolfos is a sandwich place in Utah that I have been craving many times while being pregnant. On our way back to SLC from Cali. I was so excited to stop and eat at one located in St. George. I had found it on the GPS and my mouth had been watering the past few hours of driving. It was the one thought that was helping me get through the past half hour of Madison being fussy and ready to get out of her car seat. We pulled up to the cafe and I pulled on the door only to find that it was locked. Confused I looked at a sign that read, due to economic hardships this location had to close. That was the first time these economic troubles have hit me so hard. What a disappointment, what luck. So.. it was quite the fun surprise to have the sandwiches at my birthday party. If you ever go to Gandolfo's Deli, I recommend the New Yorker:)
Thursday, February 12, 2009
SLC Childrens Museum
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
We love the Children's Museum & have a pass. But I find Brock in the water (and I do mean IN the water) every time we go. He always leaves sopping wet. Some day he'll learn to stay out of it, or I'll learn to watch him closer! :)
Post a Comment