Apple Picking

Monday, September 14, 2009

Serious Football Fans!


One thing we have discovered living out here in Ohio is that there are some die hard football fans in the Midwest. You haven't experienced intense football until you have seen a game out here. A few weeks ago we got a flyer on our door offering daycare for the football game! I guess that was just unheard of when I lived in Utah. Daycare for a football game! It advertised two hours before the game, during the game, and two hours after. The cost was $60 per child or $100 for two. If you add that in with the cost of game tickets out here, you are paying a pretty penny for a game. I guess I am not that serious about sports! I do love the tailgating and parties that go along with football season but I think I would rather turn the game on fourth quarter:) Jake is still helping me to learn more about football so I can appreciate the game. I am still waiting for that power point presentation he started making for me when we were dating!

This last Saturday you could hear what was going on in the game even if you didn't have it on because the neighborhood roared with each good play the buckeyes made. We had organized a pre-game breakfast potluck with our street so we could get to know our neighbors. We had a great turnout and ate some yummy food! Jake made sure to deck Emerie out in pre-game football gear. He was so excited to put these little tattoos on the girls cheeks. Madison refused to have one on her cheek and cried when he put one on my check. She is very territorial when it comes to her mommy:) Oh, and for future reference, don't put these stickers on babies cheeks, I warned Jake that Emerie's skin was too sensitive and he probably shouldn't put in on...too late. She still has a little red mark and hopefully it will go away in the next few days. Sometimes mommies know more than Dr's;)



4 comments:

Becky said...

He He - that's funny about the tattoo. She looks so cute though!

Esther said...

Cute pictures! I bet Emerie was a big hit at the party with the sticker :)
That's crazy about the daycare for the games!

Julie Sacks said...

So did you take them up on it to go see them cream Toledo? I am watching the game right now wondering if you are there or not?!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I just caught up on your blog. Your girls are so cute! emerie is growing too fast and Madison is already a big girl. Love their eyes and Madison's hair. So pretty! Such a stunning family. I'm so happy for you!

Emerie Belle Snow

Madison's One Year Old Pictures

places we've been