About a month ago I worked hard to finish a bunch of paintings that were gifts for family and friends before our trip to Utah. I forgot to take pictures of the ones I gave away but I did a few extras to brighten up our house. It's been fun experimenting with some new styles. I have always loved the impressionist paintings and tried to create some with the same type of feeling. I think it is a beautiful thing to paint a feeling rather than having everything already said. It's nice to leave some work for the mind to fill in the blanks.
The picture of the dandelion is based on a photo I found online (not completely my design). I have been obsessed lately with the theme of dandelions and wishes. I have plans to do a few more fun ones and already have a place picked out where they can go. Jake surprised me when I came home from our Utah trip with a new bedspread and my painting idea will work perfect in our room. Jake always has a fun new project for me to find after I come home from a trip. It's so fun!
The last painting is not my painting, it's my grandma's. She is a wonderful artist! We had some time while I was in Utah to exchange paintings and spend some time painting together. The painting of the Aspen trees that she did was just a study so she was surprised when I asked if I could get it framed. I think it is beautiful and it says a lot about my grandma. Even though she was just "doing a few practice trees" it was still so clean and perfect! When I do a study paint ends up all over the paper and you can tell it's a practice:) Thanks grandma for teaching me so much!
Saturday, March 20, 2010
A little bit of painting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
You're amazing!
And your girls are adorable!
i wish i had your talent. we still have the drawing you drew for us and we love it!!
Post a Comment