Jake and I love to camp. This summer we tried to convince the girls that they like to camp too. In the end I think we succeeded however a few times I almost changed my mind about liking camping. Camping with kids is a whole new experience. Last year we did it once and it went so well we thought we would have an easy time this year.
So, our first attempt was the weekend after getting back from Utah. I think that is where we went wrong. The girls were still off schedule and it was still really hot and humid. Things were great and we had a lot of fun until it was time to get the girls to sleep. Madison and Emerie kept waking each other up and it wasn't until at least 2:30 that we were able to convince Madison that sleeping was a good idea. And... we felt so refreshed to wake up at 6:30 in the morning to the sounds of chirping birds (especially the one that sounded like a car alarm ;).
We were all very tired that next morning and packed up pretty quickly before the girls (and Jake) had too many meltdowns. The picture of Madison cheesing it is her over tired face. Both girls were laughing and giggling out of control which is a sign of the "calm before the storm". The beyond tired silly "drunk" phase before the crash and meltdown.
Sunday, September 5, 2010
Camping Attempt #1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Justin and I have been talking about trying a camping night this weekend. Wish us luck, I am a little worried. Thanks for the invite to camp with yall! I so wish we could, I know Cohen would love to see the girls again.
Post a Comment