Two weeks later we were brave enough to attempt our camping trip #2. We went camping at the same place so Jake told me I didn't need to print out any directions. I know now to print them off and put them in my back pocket "just in case". So... we got a little lost which wouldn't be so bad if I didn't get car sick. Hocking Hills fits its name. There are lots of hills and curvy roads. It didn't take more than a few missed turns before I was feeling awful. Luckily we had a few bags to hold the gallon that didn't want to stay in my stomach any longer. It was classic, the girls were done with driving, crying, Jake was lost, and I was puking. Finally I said, "Jake, don't drive anymore until you know where you are going!" We finally make it and luckily everything else went really well.
We had a great campfire dinner, got the girls to bed without too much trouble. It helped that I didn't let Jake tell Madison stories of ghosts and bats like last time (even though she requested it again). Then we were able to play some fun games around the campfire with the grownups and stayed up until two in the morning by our choice this time:)
The next morning the girls explored, Emerie loved throwing rocks with the boys, and we were all able to go on a hike to a really cool cave. We saw a really big snake on the hike and Madison loved the hike since she is amazed by bats.
Sunday, September 5, 2010
Camping Attempt #2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I'm glad that attempt #2 was more successful. How fun to camp with your little girls.
Post a Comment