Apple Picking

Monday, May 19, 2008

Sewing is so much fun!

Thanks to a very talented friend, Emilee Wells, I have been able to learn some new skills. She sews so many cool things and we were lucky to have her share some of her skills before moving this last weekend. Emilee, you will be greatly missed!
At the sewing activity and I learned how to turn the pattern on the left into the skirt I am wearing in the bottom picture! And... the greatest part is that the material came from a sheet at Goodwill (Ohio's version of D.I.) I felt like Maria on Sound of Music when she made dresses out of curtains.
Since it was the first skirt I have ever done it took quite a long time. Jake was so great to take Madison to his Guatemala Medical Mission meeting and another meeting on campus so I could have some time to work on this fun project.
The past few months I have been experimenting with sewing a few things but this is my greatest accomplishment so far. I am working on a dress for Madison and I will let you know how that turns out.

3 comments:

Jake said...

That skirt is "sew" cool! Great job Jen, I love it almost as much as I love you!

Jen said...

Cute skirt! Sewing is a good talent to have. I need to learn more too. Good job!

Brittney said...

I'm so impressed! Sewing's something I hope to learn one of these days... You and Madison are both gorgeous, by the way! I love the surprised face pic. =)

Emerie Belle Snow

Madison's One Year Old Pictures

places we've been