I am a little bit behind in some of my blog entries so I will try and catch up:) Last month I planned a surprise trip to Utah for the blessing of my new little nephew Tanner. My sister Becky and Jake's parents new I was coming however everyone else had a big surprise when I showed up at the birthday party of my niece Brooklynn. As I stood outside the door of my sister's home I called my niece to sing happy birthday over the phone as is our usual tradition, however this time I asked her to come to the door. When my family heard the message they were so confused and then excited and surprised to see me at the door. It was so fun! We had a great time catching up and spending time together. Madison also had a lot of fun spending time with Jake's family. His parents were so great to pick us up from the airport and help me out with the surprise. Here is the web album link with the pictures of the trip. http://picasaweb.google.com/jleonsnow/SurpriseTripTpUtah/photo?authkey=O3YW-C1faxg#5201826308426434850
Jake had to work at the hospital so I had another chance to practice flying on my own with a baby. I did it on the way home from SLC over Christmas but I still get a little nervous. Madison did great except on the decent into Denver which was very bumpy. She must have inherited my motion sickness, poor thing. Luckily I had a blanket over me and her at the time so the throw up mess was easy to clean up. It was funny because last time we made that bumpy decent in Denver I was pregnant and the one throwing up on the landing. Too bad Madison can't ask for the barf bag yet:) On the way home we did experience an extra four hour delay in one of our layovers which put us to arrive in Toledo at 3 in the morning. It seems like that is the tradition with my flights to Toledo. When Jake and I were dating there was always some delay that ended in Jake picking me up at the Detroit airport in the wee hours of the morning.
This picture is of Tanner and Madison. Tanner was born on Leap Year! So cute in their matching pj's!
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Surprise Trip To Utah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
HEY! So good to hear from you. You have a cute blog! That's cool that your husband is in Med school. It is a long road, but it does go by. Troy is finishing his last few weeks of rotations. We are in Murray, UT right now. You have a cute family. It will be fun to stay in touch now :)
Post a Comment