Apple Picking

Friday, November 7, 2008

Time to Go Private

Tonight, after reading my sister's post I have decided that it is a good idea to change our blog to a private blog. She watched a news special where they talked about some of the dangers people have run into. Here is the link on the ksl website http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4699330 I know the cases of crazy people doing weird things are rare, but I don't want to risk it. We live in a crazy world! Peace of mind is better than worrying about all the weirdos out there. So...if you would please leave your email address in the comment section we will be happy to add you on our list.

25 comments:

Esther said...

Please add me :)

Unknown said...

Hey guys! We have been guilty of secretly stalking your blog site. Sorry. Sounds like a little paranoia to me in the article. Please add Bre and me. keepingupwiththetaylors.blogspot.com

Cole

Staci said...

we need to keep updated...please add me. Thanks

holly said...

Please add us to the list... holly.heward@gmail.com

And Congrats on the new baby! I'm so excited for you. Your little girl is adorable!

The Morgans said...

add me please

kandi_cope@yahoo.com

I'm very happy with my peace of mind with having my blog private!!

Nicky Yamamoto said...

HI! Hey will you please add me to your list! I love reading your blog!

Mark and Aupreille said...

Oh I am so glad you are going private. I know it's not as convinecant but I really think it's worth it for the safety aspect. And of course you must add us to your list.

Annie said...

I'm right behind you on this.

Please add me.
anniekarren@yahoo.com

Kerri said...

Add the Ralls fam :)

kerri.ralls@hotmail.com

Kirsten.Kyle said...

Please add us: kirsten.kyle@gmail.com

Thanks,
Kirsten and Kyle

Julie Sacks said...

jsacks@gmail.com
We have talked about going private for a long time now and we just need to get busy and do it!

The Payson Olsen's said...

Jenny~ I hope you remember me from high school,This is Shay Jensen Olsen. I found your blog through BHS website, I would love to be added to your blog and keep reading on how you are doing... please add shayolsen@q.com Thanks

Christine said...

Please add us!

christine.glassford@gmail.com

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I would love to keep up with your cute family! michellejohnnie@gmail.com
thanks

Cynthia said...

Here is my email: ericksen_cj@yahoo.com

Thanks.

brittani c. said...

Hey Jenny, just wanted to pass along some things I have learned to protect yourself (although it probably will not convince you to not go private)...

Spam crawlers go through blogs looking for email addresses and will pick up anything in the @ .com format. List your e-mail and have others leave their e-mails like this:
jennysnow(AT)msn(DOT)com

Also a way to keep spam off your blog (as much as possible) is to make sure that on your blog settings you have checked NO on "Add Your Blog to our Listings". In addition, check NO on "Let search engines find your blog"
Also make sure you haven't named your pictures any suggestive names, etc. in your picture file before you post it on your blog (just to prevent hits on your blog from people searching for something particular on the Web. I think you can go into the html code to change it too.
Last of all, like the KSL article said, is to leave your address out, pictures of your house floor plan, and the like, but that is probably another reason you want to go private. That said, it is a personal decision, so good luck!! Following those other things help make it possible to make your blog a safer place even if you stay public.

p.s. sorry that was forever long, put I feel better when I pass along information that could be useful. Please add me too: hedwig26 at gmail dot com.

katrina said...

please add us
katrinatonioli@yahoo.com

HIJK Skousen said...

Hey Jenny!

Add us to your list!

jhskousen@gmail.com

Congrats on the pregnancy. That is SOOO fun you are having another one. We need to catch up soon. I hope all is going well for you.!

Natalie said...

I would love to be added to your list! You have such a cute family! Congrats on the new one! My blog is also private and I don't regret it at all! Gives me some peace of mind! my email is nanrsorensen@yahoo.com
Thanks! (m&m)

claireb said...

Put me on the list of readers as well! :)

Suzy said...

Hi Jenny,
Please add me too!
-Suzy

Lyndsay said...

I'm with Brittani on this one. Take the easy precautions and avoid a lot of the risks that the KSL article described.
If you go private, add me (lyndsaylea [at] gmail [dot] com).

adrianne s. said...

We go back and forth all the time with going private with the same concerns that many have and we still have not made the decision yet. I think you've got my email to add if you decide to go private.

Nicky Yamamoto said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie and Steve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Emerie Belle Snow

Madison's One Year Old Pictures

places we've been