Last week I took the girls to check out our new library. I got a new card and let Madison read books for a little while in the kids section. Emerie was starting to get restless and was about to have a crying explosion of I'm hungry. I wanted to feed her at home, not at the library so I bribed Madison to get in the stroller and grabbed a few books of the shelf to take home. I just looked at the titles and checked them out thinking they would be great books. They are good books but fit Madison's life a little bit too closely:) That night Jake and I were going to read Madison stories together and she got our the Hippo book. The story as you can see ends up being about a Hippo who senses something is wrong in his life. His dad is never home, always working, and he waits and waits for him to come home and play but he never does. Finally the hippo traps his dad in a hole and is able to spend some quality time with him. In the end it all works out but not the greatest book for a little girl who's dad is in his intern. year of residency. I look over at Jake, laugh, and assure him I didn't pick this book out on purpose. Jake, you are home much more than Mr. Hippo is:)
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Funny Book #1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment