You know you are a sleep deprived mother when you experience an embarrassing moment like this one. Last week Jake and I went to a residency recruitment dinner. Luckily we were the ones helping recruit and not needing to be recruited. People who are interviewing at Columbus for a residency program attend these dinners with a few current residents so they can answer any questions they may have about the program in a casual setting. After partaking of several free refills of my sprite I excused myself to the ladies room. The restrooms were just around the corner and I found myself standing in front of two big doors. One door had a big M on it and the other had a big W. The worst part about this story is that I had to pause, and think for a few seconds before going in the correct door. The other worst part of this story is that after thinking about it for a few seconds I chose the wrong door! What was I thinking??? M....for mother, mom, mommy, words that I hear all day. So, I walked in, saw a urinal, a few stalls, and high tailed it over to the other door. I am so lucky no one was in the bathroom, at least in my view. I could have suffered my embarrassing moment all by myself except that the bathrooms faced the bar. And... of course, there was an entire row of guys sitting at the bar facing the bathrooms. They were all staring at me with a big smile as I tried to casually walk back to my table hoping they would think I was a foreigner. I couldn't hide my bright red face, and had to explain to everyone at the table why the waiter at the bar walked over with a big smile and said, it's the one with the W. Oh, got to love those embarrassing moments. I say just keep with the stick figure images.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Haha! That is funny! Especially since you thought about it before going in too :)
Oh Jenny, thanks for sharing that - I needed a laugh this morning!
That was awesome! Thanks for sharing.
That is hilarious! I'm glad I'm not the only one with those kind of moments.
Post a Comment