Apple Picking

Monday, May 19, 2008

Dancing With the Stars

The Saturday before Mothers day Jake and I had a fun date night! One of Jake's medical school friends and his wife so kindly offered to watch Madison for us. We found out how kind and brave they were when we dropped Madison off and the wife said that the last time she had watched a baby was in high school. Luckily Madison is a pretty good baby so we did scare them away from any future plans in parenthood.
We got dressed up, went out to eat and then headed to our Church building where our ward had organized a couples dance. It was so cute and cheesy to see all the couples dancing to their favorite slow songs:) When Jake and I were dating we did a bit of country dancing and so we decided to pull out some old moves. Jake really wanted to do the move where I do a back flip off of his arm. I know, it sounds scary! Especially since we haven't tried it in so long. I have had a back surgery and a baby since the last time we tried that. Who knows what could happen? And Jake... well you may remember his recent back injury from a few weeks ago. Well, Jake finally convinced me it would be o.k. and he wouldn't drop me. I made him go with me outside to do a few practice runs before we tried in front of everyone. A friend reminded me that if anything were to go wrong we had lots of doctors and med. students at the dance who would be able to tend to our injuries. The practice runs went great and we were able to take the move onto the dance floor. It really is amazing that I can flip around like that since I am so tall! Jake, that just shows how strong you are:) Thanks Jake for the fun date night and for helping me be so brave! Dancing with you is so much fun. I had a few sore muscles the next day from laughing so hard and from pulling out so many old dance moves but it was totally worth it!

1 comment:

adrianne s. said...

What a fun date night! I can't dance in public without charging money!

Emerie Belle Snow

Madison's One Year Old Pictures

places we've been